Monday, March 7, 2011

Celtic Goddess Brigit

Well, I have been busy working on my book, images of which will be posted soon, and finals!
In the mean time, this is my interpretation of the pagan Celtic goddess, Brigit. I decided to experiment with textures and new techniques in Adobe Photoshop. Ideally I would like to re-do this in all traditional mediums, but for now this will have to do.

A brief explanation of this beautiful goddess:
Mind you, this is not the Christian interpretation of her, this is the ancient pagan goddess.

Brigit is the daughter of the Dagda, father figure to the celtic gods and goddesses.
She is a triple goddess, representing the circle of life and regeneration through three forms: the maiden, the mother, and the crone. She is often associated with fire and, of course, the life of plants and animals on the earth.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment