Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Money Cover"



This was my most recent project in my Editorial Illustration class. Our assignment was to illustrate the cover of Money Magazine, specifically an article in the magazine dealing with the resurgence of "Main St." in small towns.

This was all done digitally and actually started out as my rough color comp just to figure out positioning and color schemes. It is relatively different from the work I typically produce, especially because it is digital and I am such a traditionalist in my art, but my class seemed to like it, so maybe I will have two styles? I don't know.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and that I learn to like it myself. But really, in the Illustration field, as long as the client is happy in the end, it pays for bills! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment